Our church began December 2, 1894, with ten charter members. A year later, a building was erected at the corner of Ridge Road and Chicago Avenue, serving the congregation well for many years.
In September, 1953, ground breaking ceremonies took place for the building of a new church at our present location. The education wing was added in 1959.
In 1968, with the merger of The Evangelical United Brethren Church and The United Methodist Church denominations, we were renamed the First United Methodist Church of Lansing.
In 1999, the Joseph D. Keller Accessibility Annex was erected to allow those who are physically challenged to get to the Sanctuary for worship. We also have Large Print bibles and hymnals available, handicap accessible bathrooms, and an elevator and a lift.
Our church has been a faithful witness to the good news of Jesus Christ in the local and world communities since 1894.
Join us and be part of our wonderful history!